Even cold air is full of energy and Dimplex air source heat pumps use the freely available heat in the ambient air to provide efficient heating and hot water at air temperatures as low as -25°C. Because the source of heat – the air – is abundantly available all around us, air source heat pumps have the advantage of low installation costs and minimal space requirements, while relatively mild winter temperatures in the UK mean excellent levels of efficiency and performance are achieved throughout the year.
Benefits of the outside air as a heat source
- Can be utilised all year round between +35°C and -25°C
- Always available and inexhaustible source of heat
- No requirement for the cost and land area of ground collectors
- Ideal for new build or retro fit applications, especially where space is limited
- Can be used for heating, cooling, domestic hot water and swimming pools
Outdoor Heat Pumps
Indoor Heat Pump
8KW Indoor (integrated)
Optional outdoor or indoor installation
Air source heat pumps are suitable for either outdoor or indoor installation. Dimplex outdoor air source heat pumps are constructed from robust, powder-coated metal casings to provide year round protection against the elements. The heat pump is connected to the indoor heating system simply by laying two heat insulated pipes and the electric connection cables under the ground.
In some instances it may not be desirable for the heat pump to be installed in the garden. Indoor air source heat pumps offer a practical alternative and can be installed for example in a garage, basement or utility room. The heat pump is connected to the outside air via air ducts.
- Air to water heat pumps for outdoor installation
- The heat source is easy to tap
- The weatherproof heat pump is installed on a sturdy concrete foundation
- The water pipes and electric cables are securely laid under ground
Air to water heat pumps for indoor installation
- The heat source is tapped via air ducts
- Heat pump is installed against an external wall