There is financial help available if you’re planning to make energy saving improvements to your home.
Low Carbon Buildings Programme householder stream is due to be open until late 2010 for heat generating technologies (solar thermal hot water, ground source heat pumps, air source heat pumps, wood fuelled heating) or as long as funds last.
This funding will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Grants are available for the following technologies:
- Solar thermal hot water
- Ground source heat pumps
- Air source heat pumps
- Wood fuelled heating (Biomass)
The Low Carbon Buildings Programme householder stream is now closed for electricity technologies (solar photovoltaic, wind turbines and small scale hydro).
These technologies no longer qualify for funding. Information regarding each of the technologies is still available for reference you can click on the links below for more detail.
How will the application process work?
Applications are accepted on a rolling first-come-first-served basis.
An outline of the process is as follows:
- Complete the energy efficiency measures required by the programme. This is to ensure energy use is minimised prior to installing a micro-generation technology to enable the most efficient use of the technology.
- Obtain planning permission for your installation if necessary or contact your Local Planning Authority to ensure that the installation is classed as a permitted development.
- Obtain a quote from Lets Go Green Deal, asking about the range’s offered in the Government Grant Scheme’s.
- Make an application online. By applying online you will get an instant response to your request.
- After receiving a grant offer letter via email, contact Lets Go Green Deal to confirm that we are able to begin installing the technology. The grant validity period varies by technology, please see the table below.
- After you have completed the installation and you have paid Lets Go Green Deal, you should submit your grant claim documents to the Energy Saving Trust.
- The grant claim will be checked within 25 working days of receipt of all the documentation and, if in order, the grant will be paid to you.